Having a flat stomach makes clothes fit in when you wear them. As a woman having a small waist alongside makes you look more attractive. If you have been looking for exercises you can engage in to have a flat stomach and small waist? This content is for you.
This content is about the 7 Easy Exercises for a Flat Stomach and Small Waist. Read till the end to get all the information you need about it.
7 Easy Exercises for a Flat Stomach and Small Waist
So, we will discuss about exercises you need for each of them. We will start with the exercises for a flat stomach and then move to the exercises for a small waist.
7 Easy Exercises for a Flat Stomach
Here are the 7 exercises you can engage in to make your stomach flat
- The Plank
The Plank is a flat stomach exercise that works effectively because of the fact that it strengthens your inner core muscles, upper as well as your lower abdominal muscles and also burns more calories when compared to other exercises like sit ups that work on your abs.
You engage more muscles in your legs, arms as well as back when carrying out plank exercises and that is the reason why it works very effectively.
How to carry out the Plank exercise
- To start this exercise, lie flat on your stomach and position your forearms on the floor.
- Press down using your forearms and push yourself up making use of your toes as support till your head, neck, back and legs are all in a straight line.
- You can continue with the exercise for as many times as you can go in each workout session.
- Boat Pose
Engaging in this yoga pose regularly will assist you fast in achieving your goal of a flat stomach.
The exercise is a fantastic abs exercise as a result of the fact that it works on as well as strengthens your core muscles and enhances balance.
How to carry out a Boat Pose Exercise
- You start the exercise by sitting on the floor with bent knees
- Then you lean back slightly and bring your legs up as well as straighten them till your body forms a V shape.
- Your arms should be stretched out and parallel to each other.
- Keep your palms facing inwards.
- Don’t forget to engage your abs muscles while doing this exercise and also keep your stomach relaxed and flat.
- Bicycle Crunch
If you are sure that you want a flat stomach, then this particular exercise is a must do for you.
The exercise is effective and works all your major abdominal muscles and should be added to your flat stomach workouts.
How to carry out Bicycle Crunch Exercise
- To start the Bicycle crunch, lie on your back.
- Place your palms below your head and lift your legs till they are positioned at a 90-degree angle.
- Keep your right hand on your head and twist your body, this brings your right elbow towards your left knee.
- Switch to your left hand and keep it on your head also twist your body, this brings your left elbow toward your right knee.
- Carry out the exercise slowly to get maximum results.
- Toe reaches
This exercise is the best for beginners who are on the mission to build a strong core.
How to carry out Toe Reaches
- Lie on your back with your feet raised and your legs at a 90-degree angle.
- Engage your lower abdominals while you lift your upper body off the mat.
- Reach your hands toward your toes, pause for 1–2 seconds at the top.
- Lower back down slowly
- Carry out 1–3 sets of 12–18 repetitions.
- Decline oblique crunches
The Decline oblique crunches can be carried out on a flat surface if a decline bench is not available.
How to carry out a Decline Oblique Crunches
- Lie on a decline bench
- When you start to lift your upper body, place your left hand behind your head and your right hand on your left thigh.
- Continue raising your upper body as you rotate your torso to the left side, which brings your right elbow to your left knee.
- Pause at that stage for 1–2 seconds.
- Slowly lower back down to the starting position.
- You then follow the same procedure for the opposite side.
- Carry out 2–3 sets of 10–18 repetitions.
Burpees works your core and assists in burning fat.
How to carry out Burpees
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Squat and place your palms in front of you on the floor directly under your shoulders.
- Jump your legs back to come into a pushup position.
- Carry out 1 pushup, then jump your feet back to the starting position.
- Raise your arms overhead as you explosively jump.
- Upon landing, you lower back down to the squat position.
- Carry out 6–10 sets of 12–25 repetitions.
While carry out abs exercises are good for flat stomach, you should also add some cardiovascular exercises into your workout. Skipping is useful here for the fact that you can do it indoors alongside your other abs exercises.
In skipping for fitness, you need to follow the right procedure. You only need to lift your feet a few centimeters away from the ground each time the rope passes and make sure your heels don’t touch the floor.
Also, ensure you are turning the rope with your wrists, and not using your whole arms to do that.
Skipping works your transverse abdominis, rectus abdominis as well as your inner and outer obliques. It is important you add cardiovascular training to your flat stomach workout because it will be assisting in burning calories as well as losing weight and also assisting you in toning your abs.
7 Easy Exercises for a Small Waist
Here are 7 Easy exercises for a small waist
- Russian Twist
The Russian twist is an exercise that works the oblique muscles. They are the muscles that are on the sides of your waist.
How to carry out the Russian Twist
- Sit on the floor with your knees bent and your feet flat on the ground.
- Slightly lean back
- Lift your feet off the ground, and twist your torso to the right, and then to the left.
- Carry out three sets of 10-15 reps.
- Bicycle Crunches
Bicycle crunches are very effective exercises for the strengthening of your rectus abdominis as well as oblique muscles.
How to carry out Bicycle Crunches
- Lie down on your back
- Then place your hands behind your head
- Lift your legs off the ground.
- Bring your right elbow to your left knee, and your left elbow to your right knee.
- Carry out three sets of 10-15 reps.
- Side Plank
The side plank is another exercise that works your oblique muscles.
How to carry out the Side Plank Exercise
- Lie down on your side
- Lift your body off the ground with your forearm and feet.
- Hold the position for 30 seconds to a minute
- Then switch to the other side.
- Carry this out for three sets.
- Alternating toe reaches
The alternating toe touch targets every core muscle.
How to carry out the Alternating Toe Reaches
- Start by lying down flat on your back
- Keeping your legs straight, raise them to about a 45-degree angle from the floor.
- Let both arms fall flat in a T-position on the floor.
- Then, tighten your core and raise your left leg lifting your torso off the floor as you reach your right hand to touch your toe.
- Return to the starting position.
- Follow the same procedure on the other side.
- Repeat for 10 repetitions on each side.
- Butt kicks
Working your hamstrings, quads and glutes in this exercise results to increase in blood flow and when done with intensity, can lead to a big calorie burn.
How to carry out the Butt Kicks
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Place your arms at your sides, add a bend at the elbow.
- Then, bend your left knee like you want to start jogging but aim to touch your butt with the heel of your foot.
- Repeat the movement on the other leg.
- This exercise is meant to be done quickly, so pick up the pace while performing butt kicks.
- Repeat for 60 seconds.
A plank can be effective in engaging muscles all over the body. It is crucial you ensure that all the core muscles are engaged when carrying out this exercise in order not to stress the back.
How to carry out a Plank Exercise
- Start on your hands and knees and lower down onto your forearms.
- Rest the forearms on the ground underneath your shoulders.
- Pull your abs in and step the feet back.
- Tuck the toes under as you lift up onto your toes to bring your torso off of the ground.
- Engage your core, ensure you maintain a straight back.
- Hold the position for 30 seconds.
- Rest, then repeat one more time.
- Jump squats
Another effective exercise you need is the jump squats. The exercise engages the core as well as the lower body while torching calories.
How to carry out Jump Squats
- Start standing with feet shoulder-width apart.
- Drop down into a squat
- Press your feet into the floor and explosively jump up toward the sky.
- Land immediately into a squat to reduce the impact on the knees and hips.
- Repeat for 10 repetitions.
If you want a flat stomach and small waist, ensure you follow the procedures here and engage effectively in these exercises to get the required results.
You can consult your doctor before starting out with the workout if you have any health issues in order for you to engage in only workouts that will be safe for you.
Remember it takes consistency to get the results you need. So be consistent with your workout.