Working out in the gym is good because of the guidance you will get from experts there and the access to the different equipment that will make it possible for you to get the required results you need from your workout.
This content is about Maximizing your gym Time and the efficient workout strategies that you need. Read till the end to get all the information you need.
Maximizing Your Gym Time: Efficient Workout Strategies
Let’s talk about efficient workout strategies for maximizing your gym time
- Keep Cardio Under 20 Minutes: If you are to go for cardio and you take more than 20 minutes for your workout it means you are taking so much time for it.
If the goal for your workout is to burn fat, tone up, or get in great shape, creating time-efficient interval training will be the best way you can go about it.
You can do this by carrying out high-intensity interval training (HIIT) and Tabata intervals which efficiently burns fat.
- Use Proper Pre- and Post-Workout Nutrition: Make sure you take the right food before and after your workout sessions because what you eat will impact your workout.
According to studies, what you eat before your workout is one of the determinants of the effectiveness of your workout. So, ensure you take the right food that will get you energized for your workout sessions.
- Build Muscle to Burn Fat: If your goal is to burn fat, lifting weights in the gym will do the work. Lifting weights will not make you bulky like everyone thinks it will.
You will enhance your resting metabolism and turn your body into a fat-burning machine when you put on extra pounds of muscle.
- Slowly Lower the Weights: When it is about muscle building, the way you lift weights is very essential. Performing controlled and slow eccentric movements is one of the ways you can enhance the building of your muscle.
There are two parts to weight lifting which are the lifting phase (concentric) and the lowering phase (eccentric). If you are carrying out a biceps curl, you curl the weight up toward your shoulders (concentric) and then lower the weight back down (eccentric).
For you to add up this procedure to your workout, ensure you bring the weights down slowly and in a controlled manner that allows the muscle to stretch out gradually under the weight.
- Activate the Glutes: As a result of sitting down for long durations during the day, the butts literally fall asleep and this results in your glutes, legs, and lower body being unable to fire at their full capacity.
The glutes as the largest muscles in the body and are very crucial when burning fats in the body and performing movements accurately is concerned.
Ensure you activate your glutes with some bodyweight hip thrusts, lunges, or step-ups during your warmup.
- Start your workout with something that you like to get you going: When your workout is started with the move you enjoy, you will be encouraged to keep up with the session unlike when you start with the one you are not motivated with.
- Try visiting the gym when it is not too busy: If you are to visit the gym, make sure you go when it is not too busy because if you go when it is busy you won’t utilize the time well since other people might be making use of equipment you need for your own workout.
When the gym is less busy, you have enough time to make use of the machines effectively for your workouts.
- Try out a group fitness class: Trying out group fitness classes is a very good way to ensure that you maximize your workout time.
You will have a teacher right there with you who will make sure you stay motivated and that you complete the workout how it should.
Group classes are high-energy and are more effective for people with busy schedules who don’t have the time to create their own routines.
- Consider hiring a trainer: Personal trainers will help you in maximizing your time at the gym. They will be right by your side to make sure you do the right exercises as well as ensure you properly carry out the workout in a way it will be effective and possible to you to reach your fitness goals.
You can try out a joint session with a friend and split the cost with the friend if you think you can’t afford the services of a personal trainer on your own.
- Don’t waste time between reps: Instead of wasting time waiting till it is your turn to use a machine or wasting your free time between reps, move to the next workout so you keep your body moving and in turn maximize your time in the gym.
- Don’t quit before you complete the session: If you have a set goal of 15 reps, make sure you do 15, not 12, 13, or even lesser. Ensure you stay disciplined and get the most out of your routines by going all the way without
From everything we discussed here, you understand the Importance of planning for you as regards maximizing your gym time.
If you can keep to all of these strategies from the strategy of building your muscles to lose fat which helps you to maximize gym time to the strategy of using the time you should have used for waiting to try out other exercises you are supposed to be involved in, you will utilize your time so well.
So, from today, make sure you are truly maximizing your time while using these strategies in your workouts.