There are various reasons why exercise is important. Before we move to the discussion on why exercise is important let’s talk briefly about what exercise means.
Exercise is a body activity that enhances or maintains physical fitness and overall health and wellness.
There are so many reasons why people exercise, which include aiding growth, enhancing strength, developing muscles and the cardiovascular system, honing athletic skills, weight loss or maintenance of weight, enhancing health, or for enjoyment
Regular exercise is good for you, and it can help you lose weight. So, if you are someone who has it in mind to get involved with different exercises, read on so you can know the benefits and also enjoy them as you carry out your own workouts.
Here are the Reasons why exercise is important
- Helps in weight loss and control: Exercise and diet will help you control your weight and prevent obesity. To maintain your weight, the calories you eat and drink must be the same with the energy you burn. To lose weight, you must use more calories than you eat and drink.
Regular trips to the gym are great but don’t worry if you can’t find a large chunk of time to exercise every day remember that any amount of activity is better than none at all.
- Decrease your risk of heart diseases: Exercise strengthens your heart. The increased blood flow raises the oxygen levels in your body and this helps reduce your risk of heart diseases like high cholesterol, coronary artery disease, and heart attack. Regular exercise can also decrease your blood pressure as well as triglyceride levels.
- Enhances your mental health and mood: During exercise, your body releases chemicals that can improve your mood and make you feel more relaxed. This can decrease risk of depression and also help you deal with stress.
- Exercise strengthens your bones and muscles: Regular exercise can help kids and teens build strong bones. Later in life, it can also slow the loss of bone density that comes with age. Doing muscle-strengthening activities can help enhance or maintain your muscle mass and strength.
- Exercise enhances better sleep: Are you finding it difficult to sleep? Regular exercise can help you fall asleep faster, get good sleep and deepen your sleep. Remember not to exercise too close to bedtime, or you may be too energized to go to sleep.
Check out some other benefits of Exercise below
- Exercise increases energy
Regular exercise can improve your muscle strength and boost your endurance.
Exercise delivers oxygen and nutrients to your tissues and helps your cardiovascular system work more efficiently. And when your heart and lung health is enhanced, you have more energy to tackle daily chores.
- Exercise enhances skin health
Your skin can be affected by the amount of oxidative stress in your body.
Oxidative stress occurs when the body’s antioxidant defenses are unable to completely repair the cell damage caused by compounds known as free radicals. This can damage the structure of the cells and negatively affect your skin.
Even though intense and exhaustive exercise can contribute to oxidative damage, regular moderate exercise can actually increase your body’s production of natural antioxidants, which help protect cells.
In the same way, exercise can stimulate blood flow and induce skin cell adaptations that can help delay the appearance of skin aging.
- Exercise puts the spark back into your sex life
Do you feel too tired or too out of shape to enjoy physical intimacy? Regular exercise can improve energy levels and enhance your confidence about your physical appearance, which may boost your sex life.
Regular physical activity may enhance arousal for women. And men who exercise regularly are less likely to have problems with erectile dysfunction than are men who don’t exercise.
Since you now know about some of the benefits of exercise, check out some other important things to note about exercise so you can enjoy all of its benefits.
How much exercise is essential?
As a goal, intend for at least 30 minutes of reasonable physical activity every day. If you want to lose weight, control weight loss, or meet specific fitness goals, you may need to exercise more. But always remember consistency is key.
Is exercise more important than diet?
Exercise helps you lose weight by burning mostly fat; diet alone won’t do that. Exercise also helps in boosting your metabolism, which means you burn more calories all day long.
Conclusion on the Reasons why exercise is important
Since you now know so many of the benefits you can get by engaging in different exercises, it is very important for you to take part in the exercises that will help you achieve your desired goals for your body and health.
Make sure that you will carry out every physical activity you get involved in with consistency because the effect comes with repeated actions. Always remember consistency is key.